On the first Thursday of each month we conduct Mass which includes the sacrament of anointing for all who might benefit from God’s healing grace whether it be emotional, spiritual or physical distress.
God wants to heal us and will heal through the powerful gift given to us by the Holy Spirit. This is one of God’s gifts to His Church. During a healing mass and service we must remain open to the Holy Spirit and invite Him into our hearts in order for healing to take place. All that’s required on our part is to have expectant faith.
You must RSVP , if you are staying for lunch so we can plan accordingly.
RSVP by Friday, November 2, 2018
Lunch: 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
Offering for lunch: $10 per person
Lunch follows in the Abbey Dining Room
What to Expect at a Healing Mass
Catholics believe that healing occurs during all masses. God wants to heal us and will heal through the powerful gift given to us by the Holy Spirit. This is one of God’s gifts to His Church. During a healing mass and service we must remain open to the Holy Spirit and invite Him into our hearts in order for healing to take place. All that’s required on our part is to have expectant faith.
- The theme of the entire mass is healing: from the celebrant to the music to the participants to the prayer teams.
- At a Healing Mass prayer is provided for your individual needs.
- Examples of healing might occur physically, spiritually or emotionally. This may even include a relationship healing and help to forgive both ourselves and others.
- Let’s remember that God is doing all the healing. The celebrant and prayer teams are only instruments the Lord is using to provide a prayerful environment for Him to work in.
- You may also ask for intercessory prayer (prayer for someone else’s need).
- During the healing service you may experience or witness someone falling backward and then resting. This is called being “slain in the Spirit”. This is simply an indication that the person is overcome by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and is resting peacefully.
- Try to relax and remain calm in order to surrender to the healing power of the Holy Spirit. We encourage everyone to remain and stay in the Church until the end of the healing service. Please pray for those ministering as well as those being ministered to.
- A healing may happen immediately but may also occur over a period of time. Be consistent by praying continuously for your healing.
- Even if you believe you were healed or your prayer was answered, keep praying and thanking God for that healing.Let’s remember the words of Psalm 103:2-4“Bless the LORD, 0 my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, “